A Fresh Approach to Food Safety
Established in 1981, Chemstar has strived to be the strategic supplier of choice by developing win-win programs with our clients. We are a leading provider of food safety and sanitation products with best in class services to retail food and convenience stores across North America.
Chemstar is privately held which affords us the flexibility that many publicly traded companies may not have. We don’t measure success by earnings per share, but rather by our decades long relationships with many fortune 100 companies adding tangible value to their food safety and sanitation programs. Whether you are an independent retailer with ten stores or a chain with thousands, your success is our success.
Our teams have a passion for success and unwavering dedication to our customers on ways to lower operating costs while helping comply with food safety, sanitation and environmental regulations.
- Jim Schurman started Chemstar in 1981, servicing Pantry Pride and other independent supermarkets in South Florida
- As the business grew and more stores were being serviced throughout the southeast, Chemstar moved to Tucker, GA for better distribution & production capacities
- Company enjoyed first Fortune 500 company launches with Winn Dixie and A&P Supermarkets across the country
- Due to rapid growth, relocated production to Lithia Springs, GA
- Developed one of the first digital food safety audits in the industry
- Expanded footprint five times to compensate for growth and new products
- Expanded company customer service fleet to over 125 vehicles
- Moved into Convenience Store Channel with National chain
- Launched Foam San No-Rinse product designed to efficiently control Listeria, Salmonella, E. coli and insects in floor drains
- Received ISO 9001 certifications
- Acquired Sterilox Fresh with Produce Maxx and FloraFresh Brands
- Produce Maxx No-Rinse Food Sanitizer approved by FDA/FCN
- Moved Sterilox business unit and production to Atlanta facility
- Produce Maxx receives EPA registration
- Flora Fresh Floral Quality Care Solution receives EPA registration
- National footprint with regional support teams in over 10,000 locations
A deep dedication to customer service, the development of solutions that create value in the marketplace and loyalty to our roots led us to the following vision and mission statements that are the guiding principles of Chemstar.
Provide superior quality and differentiated services that exceed customer expectations, while achieving market leadership and operating excellence.
Deliver an outstanding customer experience while offering meaningful careers and driving profitable growth.
- Safety – always provide a safety-first environment
- Integrity – build open and honest relationships with all whom we interact
- Accountability – deliver on promises and accept responsibility for one’s own actions
- Excellence – Focus on consistently exceeding expectations
- Passion – inspire, innovate and constantly improve
- Resourceful – increase value through creative problem solving
- Development – people are our source of strength – nurture and grow them.
FOUNDER AND CHAIRMAN
Mr. Daniel is a long-time industry veteran spending the last thirty-five years in the food retail and hospitality sectors in numerous leadership positions. At Chemstar, he is responsible for day to day operations and ongoing strategic growth. Most recently, Mr. Daniel was SVP/General Manager of Sterilox Fresh, an industry leading perishable preservation provider to leading supermarkets across the US which was acquired by Chemstar in 2016.
Prior to that, he was Executive Vice President/COO of the DSI Corporation a global provider of equipment and merchandising solutions to retail and foodservice. Mr. Daniel was also President of Bakers Aid the leading bakery equipment manufacturer, a division of the Hobart Corporation.
VICE PRESIDENT SALES & MARKETING
Mr. Happ joined the Chemstar team as a Regional Vice President through the acquisition of Puricore/Sterilox in 2016 and in 2018 took on his current role leading Sales and Marketing. Mr. Happ has over 30 years of sales and management experience in the supermarket industry. Prior to joining Chemstar, he held executive positions with Bakers Aid, DSI and Puricore/Sterilox Fresh. Mr. Happ has consistently demonstrated sales success and leadership ability throughout his career in growing profitable companies.
REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT
Mr. Oldham joined Chemstar as Regional Vice President through the acquisition of Puricore/Sterilox in 2016. Tom brings over 25 years’ experience as a Sales Executive in Food Retail. Prior to joining Chemstar Mr. Oldham joined Sterilox during the start-up phase of its Food Safety Division in 2003 and was promoted to RVP shortly thereafter. He served as VP Sales with Baker’s Aid and VP-DSI as well as Sales Director with the Alto Shaam Foodservice equipment group.
Dr. Jill Hollingsworth
VICE PRESIDENT FOOD SAFETY & REGULATORY AFFAIRS
Dr. Hollongsworth has over 30 years of experience in food safety, food regulation and veterinary public health. Her fields of expertise include food safety and security, food microbiology, epidemiology, foodborne diseases, public health and food policy and regulation. Previously, she worked at the Food Marketing Institute (FMI) for fifteen years in Washington, D.C. as the Senior Vice President of Food Safety Programs where she provided support and guidance to FMI retail and wholesale members in all areas of food safety, science and regulatory compliance.
Prior to FMI, she worked at the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) as a Deputy Administrator where she was responsible for a wide variety of food safety activities. She was responsible for creating and supervising the first FSIS Office of Science and Public Health. She collaborated with the Centers for Disease Control in developing the Food Net system for tracking foodborne illness. She began her USDA career as a Supervisory Veterinary Medical Officer and currently serves on numerous industry committees.
Steve Wood CP-FS
VICE PRESIDENT- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Mr. Wood has spent 27 years with Chemstar, holding numerous positions in both sales and service most recently managing key accounts in the Western region. Given his vast experience in the market, in 2017 he assumed the business development efforts of the company, growing within existing and new channel markets. Prior to joining Chemstar, Mr. Wood spent 15 years in the retail grocery industry ranging from store management to sales and marketing for various national companies.
Ashley Blottenberger CP-FS, CSPO
ACCOUNT EXECUIVE/PROGRAM MANAGER
Mrs. Blottenberger brings valuable experience with a career in food safety and sanitation training. She has hands-on experience in retail grocery, convenience store, and restaurant food safety and sanitation training.Mrs. Blottenberger has been with Chemstar for 8 years and has worked in service and sales roles developing corporate programs while implementing with the end user. She is most recently appointed to the Account Executive role for one of the companies key National Accounts.
Chemstar partners with customers to create the ideal sanitation solution for:
- Retail Grocery
- Convenient Stores
A rewarding career in making the world a safer place could be just around the corner for you! As the first name in food safety, Chemstar Corporation understands that it’s not just about keeping premises clean, it’s about keeping brands spotless.
By joining Chemstar Corporation, you aid in the effort to keep people around the world safe and healthy. You can help others, while helping yourself. The food safety and sanitation industry is rich with change and challenge; it demands that the individuals participating in this industry be pushed to reach new heights.
At Chemstar, we foster a rewarding culture for our employees. We believe that our people make the difference. These same people should be supported, heard and developed…plus be rewarded for their contributions.
Passion, Dedication, Loyalty, Honesty, Professionalism, Character, Hard Work. These are not just words. These describe the people that are a part of the fabric of Chemstar Corporation. If these words describe you, then we want to hear from you.
Chemstar Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact us at:
120 Interstate West Parkway, Suite 100
Lithia Springs, GA 30122